1. Get Quiet. Spend time alone, preferably in nature. Start meditating. Do calming activities, like painting or journaling, without the TV on. This is the first step in getting clarity on your thoughts and your desires.
2. Forgive Yourself. We have all been hurt by our own decisions. The pain of these experiences is normal but holding onto that pain prevents us from moving forward. Forgiving yourself doesn’t mean you are erasing the past or forgetting it. It simply means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain and choosing to move forward with your life.
3. Let Go of Who You Used to Be. (Or who you thought you were). We all change. It’s called evolution. We are supposed to evolve, grow, change. Find peace and let go of your own expectations that you had for your life.
4. Take Care. Buzzword: Self-care. Give love to your body. Eat and drink good, be active daily and rest well. Don’t beat yourself up by feeling shame or disappointment with yourself. That won’t push you to be better, it will just hurt you more.
5. Think Happy Thoughts. It sounds cliche but filling your thoughts with positivity will bring positive vibes into your life. What you think, you attract. For example, thinking that you are lazy will give your mind and your body permission to be lazy. On the other hand, believing that you are productive or active will increase your drive to feel and be productive or active.
6. Be You. Wonderful you. There is no one like you. You have been created and formed into your unique self and the world needs you. Start being true to you.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! – Dr. Seuss
Are you ready to create a life you love? Schedule a free 30-minute Discovery session today!